An Easy Recipe for A Happy and Healthy Childhood
Wouldn’t it be great if children came with a recipe to make sure that they grow up happy and healthy? We know it isn’t that simple, but generally there are three ingredients we all want for kids – Laugh, Play, and Smile. Now take a minute to think about how you laugh, play, or smile when your mouth is in pain. Do you feel like going to play a game of basketball or hang out with your friends when your mouth hurts? Do you feel happy? Healthy?
Oral health is often overlooked in childhood. Since baby teeth fall out, many parents don’t understand why they should make the investment to care for them. The reason is simple, because children who don’t have healthy teeth, who suffer in pain from dental caries or even abscessed teeth, aren’t able to laugh, play, and smile. And without these things they don’t get to enjoy a happy and healthy childhood.
For more information on how to make sure your children are able to enjoy a lifetime of good oral health visit your doctor and dentist, use fluoride, and get more tips from healthychildren.org.
We encourage you to download the following shareable image for use on social media channels. Thank you for sharing!
- Recipe for Healthy Childhood Shareable Image (English)
- Recipe for Healthy Childhood Shareable Image (Spanish)
- Recipe for Healthy Childhood PDF (English)
- Recipe for Healthy Childhood PDF (Spanish)
- Video: Oral Health According to Kids
- Video: Kids Know What Makes Teeth Strong!
- Video: Do You Know When Kids Brush Their Teeth?