A Poster About Progress
The Campaign for Dental Health (CDH) submitted a poster presentation at the most recent meeting of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Oral Health. This poster summarized the solid progress that the CDH coalition has made in developing and disseminating accurate, useful information to educate parents and the public about fluoride and fluoridation.
- Since February 2013, the number of CDH partners has grown from 23 to 119 organizations.
- Since 2013, the number of CDH followers on Facebook and Twitter have more than quadrupled to 1,170 and 1,475 respectively.
- The CDH website (ILikeMyTeeth.org) ranks high in online searches for a variety of key fluoride-related phrases — helping to ensure that web users are more likely to find accurate answers to their questions about fluoridation.
- CDH’s website has been redesigned with a user-friendly search function and a variety of tools (including several in Spanish language) to help educate the public.
- Since 2011, more than 1,400 health professionals and oral health advocates have been trained to communicate effectively with patients or the public about fluoridation.
Does your medical or dental practice (or organization) post a link to ILikeMyTeeth.org on its home page? If not, please consider posting the CDH widget or adding our web address and preceding it with this question: Questions About Fluoride? By taking this small step, you can help increase the odds that people get the facts about fluoride.
Learn more about why your organization should become a Campaign for Dental Health partner.